Posted:7/21/2020 at 11:22:15 AM
City of Ada (COVID-19) Update July 21, facial coverings mandatory
(ADA, OKLAHOMA/July 21, 2020) ? Due to onset of the Coronavirus (COVID-19 pandemic, a State of Emergency continues from the previous declaration in the City of Ada, Oklahoma; and the following are ordered for the protection of health. This ordinance shall be in effect until August 3, 2020 at 10:00 p.m. or until the Governor rescinds the provisions of his Executive Order(s) relating to the Coronavirus, whichever is earlier.
Effective immediately, all persons shall wear facial masks or facial shields when out in public (indoors or outdoors) and social distancing of (6) feet or more cannot be maintained, with the following exceptions:
1. Any person younger than 16 years of age;
2. Any person with a medical condition or disability that prevents wearing a face covering as recommended by their physician;
3. Any person at a restaurant to eat or drink (at table). Masks should be worn at other times inside restaurant;
4. Any person while the person is exercising outdoors or engaging in physical activity outdoors, and maintaining a safe distance (6 feet or more) from other people not in the same household;
5. Any person while the person is driving alone or with passengers who are part of the same household as the driver;
6. Any person obtaining a service that requires temporary removal of the face covering for security surveillance, screening, or a need for specific access to the face, such as while visiting a bank or while obtaining a personal care of dental service involving the face, but only to the extent necessary for the temporary removal;
7. Any person while the person is in a swimming pool, lake or similar body of water;
8. Any person who is voting, assisting a voter, serving as a poll watcher, or actively administering an election;
9. Any person who is actively providing or obtaining access to religious worship;
10. Any person while the person is giving a speech for a broadcast or to an audience;
11. Any person while performing work in which the face coverings present or exacerbates a hazard;
12. Any person who is hearing impaired.
Although the above are exceptions to wearing a face covering or shield, it is strongly encouraged that those persons included within the exception wear a face covering or face shield when possible.
The fine for a violation or any provisions contained in this article shall be One Hundred Dollars ($100.00), inclusive of court costs.